Introducing Genius Loci

Over the last decade I have been thinking about my own world, but never took a longer time period to work on it seriously. That time has come now. Prepare to enter a world filled with mysteries.


Genius Loci is a setting spanning an entire planet. From the endless forests of the contintent Gdera to Sawa's volcanic wastelands to the vast deserts of Lozir, mysteries from ages past lay scattered in lands that have not been traveled since the ancient times. Places of magical puzzles are populated by spirits of nature or those of the dead; ghostly figures roam their former homes, while the most powerful spirits' domains cannot be entered without protection. The mages and wizards, while hunting the same goal, will wage war on each other at even a slight provocation.
It is a place where strange customs await the traveler. Never be too sure what to expect around the corner.

Some of the races and landscapes of Genius Loci will be familiar, while others are entirely new. I have a lot of fun inventing cultures and places of power, just as I love coming up with epic landscapes and striking portraits, and I expect this project will keep me busy for quite some time. Most things will be published on my website, but in this blog I'll make room for explanations, descriptions, and background, so check in regularly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traditional media, 2

DSA Art Dump – Waldweg