Planets and Mass Effect

I just finished playing Mass Effect 1 and 2 and dug out my planet creation tutorials because of it. The planetary trips in the first game were set on beautiful locations, with asteroids raining down, lava lakes, moons covered in glaciers, and pollen-infested greenhouse worlds. I love those views and set out to create some myself.
I know these are a bit cheap, but I'll try to create some more, and views on the planets themselves, too. The four small ones are just scribbles, about fifteen minutes each, the bigger one took me two and a half hours - I'm still trying to get the hang as to how detailed the textures have to be.

Mass Effect is a sci-fi roleplaying game meant for a trilogy, the first two are out, and I have to say that I found the depth of the world quite intriguing. The alien races have an appropriate culture, the tech is advanced but believable, the squad you get together to pull off your insane plan to save the galaxy is really nice, too. The second I liked even better, the skill system has been improved much; the setting was more grim than before though (I'm mentioning this because that's not my favourite turn in stories). Now I have to starve until the release of the third part early next year... oh noooo! ;)
On the up side, I also started out thinking about battlesuits again. I love battlesuits and things that go boom in general, so there's something to expect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traditional media, 2

DSA Art Dump – Waldweg