Ernö, and Fiete the Sixteenth


I was off to a family visit and made a sculpture as a gift - say hi to Ernö. Obviously inspired by owls, but not quite one himself; ceramic modeling clay, dove dunes and acrylic paint.
Ernö Rubik is the guy who invented Rubik's cube (obviously). The professor of architecture came up with it to teach 3D thinking to his students. I haven't solved mine yet.

My second sculpture took residence in my mother's garden. Fiete the Sixteenth fishes birds - if that makes any sense. Fiete (pronounce vy-teh) is a northern German name and fitted his fisherman's appearnace just fine, and he got his royal descendance when my fiancé noticed Fiete's resemblance with a certain hoverchair-riding Dominar.

Sorry for the bad picture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traditional media, 2

DSA Art Dump – Waldweg